Re: Optimization & factorization of ‘write ’

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: Optimization & factorization of ‘write ’
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:31:48 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden>
>
> Hi!
>
> In a profile ‘write’ was showing up unreasonably high, so I decided to
> bite the bullet, so to speak.
>
> I ended up factorizing character and string writing, and removing heap
> allocations from the path.  The end result is ~2.6x faster when writing
> strings.

Nice.

> Feedback welcome, especially from Mike.  :-)

I haven't tried it out yet, but,...

I noticed you stripped out the code that prints combining accents
as attached to dotted circles (#\◌̀ instead of #\̀). I thought that
was a rather nice feature.

I have a script that I used to check string and char input/output.
I'll try to test it out in the next couple of days.

Thanks,

Mike