Re: Guile with win32 cross compiling

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Guile with win32 cross compiling
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 12:32:29 +0200

Hi Volker,

Thanks for the report.

On Tue 17 May 2011 01:01, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> writes:

>     "fix-include-error-in-gen-scmconfig.patch"
>     The patch re-introduces a change which I already proposed
>     in my last patch: You can't use $(AM_CPPFLAGS) for the native
>     build, because it adds "-I../lib" which means that <stdio.h>
>     is taken from the local GNU-lib installation. The problem is
>     that the GNU-lib in "lib/" has been configured for MinGW, not
>     for the native system. So it performs some fixes which don't
>     work on non-MinGW systems, leading to strange, unhelpful error
>     messages. It took me quite some time to figure this out, mostly
>     because I thought that this should have already been fixed.

Hmmmm!  Yes, sorry for overlooking this part of your patch.  After
thinking for a while about it I agree with you.  I modified your patch
to add a comment.

>     "remove-mingw-ifsock.patch"
>     This patch fixes an issue that also appears on native MinGW
>     build, because _S_IFSOCK simply isn't defined there. Note that
>     this issue was already reported, but hasn't been fixed up to
>     now, at least not in the stable-2.0 branch:
>     http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2011-01/msg00183.html

I'll look at this when I'm back on the internet.

>   CC     net_db.lo
> net_db.c:460:1: error: 'AI_ALL' undeclared here (not in a function)
> net_db.c:460:1: error: expression in static assertion is not an integer
> net_db.c:482:33: warning: 'struct addrinfo' declared inside parameter list
> [enabled by default]

If your target does not have e.g. struct addrinfo, because it does not
have IPv6, then you need to configure with
ac_cv_type_struct_addrinfo=no.  Check your config.log.  Or should this
be working somehow?

There are other ac_cv_* for getaddrinfo and other routines.

Happy hacking,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/