Re: SRFI 41 for Guile

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: SRFI 41 for Guile
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 15:28:07 +0100

Hello!

"Chris K. Jester-Young" <address@hidden> skribis:

> Just writing to say that after many months of being busy with other
> stuff, I finally got around to finishing my Guile port of SRFI 41:
>
> https://github.com/cky/guile2-modules

Nice, thank you!

Could you integrate it in the Guile tree in a branch, as you proposed on
IRC?  It would make it easier to review it.

What you be OK with assigning copyright for your changes to the FSF?

Also, to what extent is the reference implementation modified?  If the
modifications are well isolated, it would be nice to see if we could
import the upstream files unmodified, and then just “patch” them at
compile-time as is done for match.scm, sxml-match.scm, lalr, and a few
others.

Likewise, it may be possible to adapt the original test suite just by
defining macros that map the expected test suite API to Guile’s.

The idea is that it would make it easier to see how Guile’s
implementation differs from upstream, and to update Guile’s copy
eventually, if needed.

What do you think?

Also, what about moving all or most of the code in srfi-41.scm, instead
of having several helper modules?

(This has been partly discussed on IRC while I was writing this
message; I hope it’s still relevant.  ;-))

Thanks,
Ludo’.