Re: Hello World

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Re: Hello World
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 09:15:25 -0400

Hello,

Thanks for emailing! Yes, you can definitely get involved. We always
like having new people appear and help.

Here is how it works, more or less: you'll work on some part of Guile
- you get to pick this. When you have an improvement, you'll email it
to the list as a series of patches. The patches will be reviewed, and
people might suggest improvements. It's normal to write several
versions of a patch before it's used, so don't feel worried about
that. When your patches are ready, someone will commit them to
mainline Guile, and then you will have contributed!

If you already know Scheme, then the main thing you will need to do is
learn git, which is the revision control system we use. There are lots
of tutorials on the internet.

The other thing you will need is some part of Guile you want to work
on. Do you know what sort of things you are interested in?

Thanks for emailing,
Noah