Re: A vm for native code in guile

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: A vm for native code in guile
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 00:16:18 +0200

On Mon 02 Jul 2012 09:53, Stefan Israelsson Tampe <address@hidden> writes:

> Anyway I can now compile simple functions to native sequences of machine code
> but with some
> tools around it so let me explain the setup.

Where is this code?  Sorry for not following the context.

I agree with you that maintenance is the challenge.  Have you looked at
wip-rtl, Stefan?  It should be easier to compile.  However it's not
fully baked yet, unfortunately.

To speak honestly I am very impressed with your work.

I leave that as its own paragraph because that's what I think.  However,
with my conservative Guile co-maintainer hat on I still have hesitations
as to its applicability to mainline Guile.  You are very good at getting
Guile to work for you, but I would like to see more incremental
patches.

I know that we have gone back and forth over the past couple years and
this is probably frustrating to you.  At the same time I think that your
code, commits, and communication have gotten a _lot_ better over that
time.  If you have a complaint, please voice it.  Otherwise we keep with
this code review thing.

What do you think about this situation?

Peace,

Andy