wip-rtl extra space at allocation of frame at call's

From: Stefan Israelsson Tampe
Subject: wip-rtl extra space at allocation of frame at call's
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 23:05:37 +0200

Hi,

Currently if we want to compile to native code in the rtl branch the call instruction is very heave to inline
directly. I would like to, when the number of arguments is less then 20 arguments jump to global code segment
where all the nessesary heavy lifting is done. Else the whole call instruction can go in. So the issue here is that
I would like to move the alloc-frame part of the call instruction out to the general code and simply just add the argumet's to their place and then jump to this global code. The problem is that we need to check the stack space before jumping and this checking is quite wordy and I would like to keep the size if the inlined code small.

Therefore I suggest that always when we allocate stack space we take out 20 extra slots in the check, meaning that we do not need to check for these slot's when the call.

At least that's what I plan to do in the native compilation.

Any other ideas?

/Stefan