Re: Guile Lua

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Guile Lua
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 22:07:36 +0100

Hi!

nalaginrut <address@hidden> skribis:

> I'd like to know what work should the maintainer take? As I know there's
> some work has been done, but it didn't merge into stable-2.0. What's the
> rest work? Does it work now?

I think the first task for you (congratulations! ;-)) or anyone else
interested will be to check out the branch, build it, assess it, and
tell us what it’s current status is.

Then, assuming it’s in a good shape, one would have to try running
actual Lua programs, in search of bugs.  Along the way, these bugs would
have to be fixed, and the test suite augmented accordingly.

Then the fine points regarding multi-language integration will have to
be sorted out.  The manual will have to be updated.

When all this is in place, we can consider merging the branch.  I
wouldn’t want to merge a half-baked front-end.

WDYT?

Ludo’.