Re: Immutable rnrs hashtable

From: Sjoerd van Leent Privé
Subject: Re: Immutable rnrs hashtable
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 10:44:41 +0100

Hi Ian,

The implementation is okay, I wrote a half baked example, as I understood the bit to be the mutable field. But it should act in reverse. Got it. In many cases, I use info-lookup-symbol in Guile's documentation, as it is much easier to navigate than the RNRS website (which I consider bad design, as there is no sensible hierarchy whatsoever or something of a decent index).

This is why I got it wrong, as the documentation was mistaken, and I did the opposite of what I should be doing. And yes, I was using #t and #f, But I expected the results to be the other way around.

Btw, isn't their a hashtable which is more pure in it's implementation? The RNRS and SRFI-69 versions are having quite some side-effects. I would have expected a method like "hashtable-add" which copies an existing hashtable, adds values and returns a new hashtable. I know, I prefer pure functional implementations...

Sjoerd