Experiments with environments

From: Sjoerd van Leent Privé
Subject: Experiments with environments
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 23:07:31 +0100

Hi All,

I have been experimenting with environments. It's nice to be able to isolate certain behaviour and definetely strong. However, I ran across a portability issue. If I use a naked environment with the environment procedure, It appears that I need to pass at least the (guile) import set, to get behaviour imported like quote, quasiquote and unquote. This is impractical, as this causes the software to be not very portable.

What I like to do is to let the user give a "driver" library and pass that "driver" library around which implements a certain procedure. Using the eval procedure together with a small instruction and a ad-hoc gneerated environment would let the software be pretty free of things flying around with ill side-effects.

Anyone an idea how I could do this in a portable way?

Sjoerd