What's needed to get elisp updates into Guile master?

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: What's needed to get elisp updates into Guile master?
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 17:01:02 -0800

Christopher Allan Webber writes:

> So even better news: I've successfully rebased BT Templeton's wip elisp
> branch on top of guile master... you can get it here:
>
>   https://gitlab.com/dustyweb/guile/tree/merge-bipt-elisp-wip
>
> Maybe I should update the Guix package to make use of that?

So I'd like to get this merged in before it bitrots too heavily.
It would be a shame to not get it in, after how far it's come!

Now that it's rebased and running on master, there are two issues I see
that would need to be addressed:

 - The most recent commit disables three tests (specific to elisp).
   They should probably be re-enabled, or at worst at least commented
   out with a warning rather than being switched to expect-fail as they
   are right now.

   I'd prefer re-enabling them with fixes; for now, commenting out with
   clear explaination still seems better than bitrot though.  (The other
   tests all do pass.)

 - The commits are not in ChangeLog style format and are fairly terse in
   their message.  I imagine it's a requirement to fix that.  This seems
   like the bigger challenge; if anyone but the original author were to
   do it, there would have to be some careful reading to figure out what
   the purpose of each commit and change meant.  That seems like some
   work.  I'm not sure I have the time for it... are there any
   volunteers?

Is there general agreement that if we can get these two things done,
that it would be worth merging this?

 - Chris