Re: Rename GNU fdisk to GUILE diskutils

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Rename GNU fdisk to GUILE diskutils
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 18:02:26 -0500

  > I'm sorry but I do not agree. Guile is not an implementation detail in
  > this case. It means that the package is based on Guile. It's like xterm
  > (a terminal for x window), gnome-terminal (a terminal based on the GNOME
  > framework) and so on.

The reason this is not just an implementation detail,
according to Christian, is that the dependence on Guile affects prerequisites.
He thinks it would be inconvenient to put Guile-dependent programs
and non-Guile-dependent programs together in one package.

What do the rest of you think about this?

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.