Re: GNU Guile 3.0.0 released

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: GNU Guile 3.0.0 released
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 14:54:42 +0100

Hi!

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> skribis:

> We are delighted to announce GNU Guile release 3.0.0, the first in the
> new 3.0 stable release series.
>
> Compared to the previous stable series (2.2.x), Guile 3.0 adds support
> for just-in-time native code generation, speeding up all Guile programs.
> See the NEWS extract at the end of the mail for full details.

Woohoo!  As discussed privately, thumbs up to you Andy for the
incredible work on the compiler and JIT: you had expressed your plan a
few years ago, at a time where there was still a loooong way to go, and
it’s impressive to see that it has worked according to the plan.

Thanks also to everyone who contributed to all the other features that
made it into 3.0: they’re also part of what makes Guile 3 so great!

I’m really happy we’ll be able to take advantage of all this in Guix!

Happy Guile 3 hacking!  :-D

Ludo’.