Re: Maintenance and future of Guile

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: Maintenance and future of Guile
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 20:57:04 +0100

Olivier Dion via "Developers list for Guile, the GNU extensibility library"
<guile-devel@gnu.org> writes:

> On Tue, 21 Dec 2021, Blake Shaw <blake@nonconstructivism.com> wrote:
>> Tim Van den Langenbergh <tmt_vdl@gmx.com> writes:
>>> That sounds like a good idea, though I wonder what the best way to organise
>>> it would be.
>>>
>>> IRC, Mattermost, and Rocket Chat seem like the most obvious options
>>> for chat. I don't know what would be best for task management, maybe
>>> some out-of-the-box kanban?
>>>
>>> Ideas, anyone?
>>>
>>> Vale,
>>>
>>> -Tim.
>>>

>> irc is good for me, and of course e-mail :)
>>
>> but for out-of-the-box task management tools, are we all emacs and/or
>> org-mode users
>> here? we could agree on a set of features for an org document that ensures
>> we all sync consistentally across configurations, and then manage everything
>> on a
>> branch of the guile repo. this way as we're researching the codebase, we
>> can post links directly to file line numbers, allowing easy
>> navigation.
>
> I'm fullstack emacs, but I'm not sure if org-mode would be the best
> management tool.  I'm using it for my personnal task, but I don't know
> if it applies well to a team.

I’m using it for my personal tasks, too, but I think when syncing the
file across people and including it in the agenda, that gives a pretty
good team management.

I got reports of people using my kanban.el for team management.

I’m not sure whether full org-mode is the best for Guile development,
but it does work pretty well, and I think it would be worth a try.

We can ket all kinds of useful public statistics by publishing a static
site from the org documents.

Best wishes,
Arne
--