guile-sources

find for guile

From: Marco Maggesi
Subject: find for guile
Date: 06 Oct 2000 17:03:41 +0200

Hi!

I started to write a `find' procedure for guile.  I am using
the function `ftw' available from ttn-pers-scheme-0.03.tar.gz
the globbing function written by Alex Shinn available in
`http://martnet.com/~foof/code/find.scm'.
So I didn't do much work at the moment ;)

All the code I am writing is available from my web page:
  http://www.math.unifi.it/~maggesi/guile/

I wonder if it would be more appropriate to implement the
function `glob' in C or in Scheme.  Any suggestion?

I also would like to propose an extension to accept lists
(to mean `or' instead of `and') as argument to `find' as in
the following example:

  ;; Remove backup and empty files.
  (find "."
        regular?    ; skip links and directory
        '("*~" "*.BAK" empty?)
        delete-file)

As a newby I appreciate any feedback and guidance.

MM