Re: smob GC question

From: Lars Arvestad
Subject: Re: smob GC question
Date: 04 Oct 2000 08:19:27 +0200

"Eric Enderton" <address@hidden> writes:
> if GC runs during, say, the scm_make_gsubr(), where does it
> find a reference to image_smob?  no cells point to it yet.
> and if it doesn't get marked, aren't we in trouble?

image_smob is on the stack, which the GC scans. Therefore the smob
will be marked and therefore also its member objects such as the name
string. Also, since SCM members were pre-initialized to SCM_BOOL_F,
the GC will not break down from following an uninitialized
update_func.

        Hope this enlights,
        Lasse

--
I've got to make the engineering newsletter more interesting. It needs pathos
and human drama... Ah, "How to cope with loss of loved data".