re: Guile from the shell prompt?

From: Brad Knotwell
Subject: re: Guile from the shell prompt?
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 03:23:06 -0700 (PDT)

> I suspect I'm missing something terribly obvious... =)

> I'm trying to create a guile script that will run right from the shell.
> I've tried this (and a couple other combinations) but I can't seems to find
> anything in the FAQ, Web pages, or mailing list archives that covers the
> correct syntax.  Here's what I've done:

> #!/usr/bin/guile -s -
> (display "Hi!")
> (newline)

> Is this possible to do, or will I always be required to run
> 'guile ./runme.scm'?

> Thanks for your help!

You were pretty close.  You need to do the following (guile treats #! and
!# as comments ala /* and */ in C):

#!/usr/bin/guile -s
!#

(display "Hi!")
(newline)

========

NOTE:    be sure there is nothing (as in spaces) after the -s option.  If you
leave a space, you'll get guile's usage.

NOTEII:  Would it be possible to get this added to the FAQ?  For that matter,
         is anyone going to update the anonymous cvs page (I sent in a
         contextual diff earlier that addressed this).

--Brad