Re: precompiled guile gtk for windows

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: precompiled guile gtk for windows
Date: 01 Nov 2000 21:21:58 +0100

"John A. Maxwell" <address@hidden> writes:

> Alex Schroeder <address@hidden> asked:
> >
> >   Is there a place where I can download a precompiled guile-gtk?  If it
> >   is no longer necessary because there is a precompiled guile that can
> >   use "GTK+ and GIMP for Windows" -- can anybody point me to
>
> No precompiled binaries AFAIK.

Hm, at least it seemed to be easy to compile guile itself.  I'll give
the rest a try tomorrow.  In the mean time -- what would be a good way
to test the stuff?

You were right about the ice-9/and-let* file, of course.  I renamed it
to and-letx and changed ice-9/Makefile.  How can I test wether that
was enough?

While making the stuff, something went wrong, but the executable still
seems to work.  Any clues?

Alex.

~/dev/src/guile-1.4 $ ./configure
~/dev/src/guile-1.4 $ make
[...]
Making all in guile-config
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
~/dev/src/guile-1.4 $ export GUILE_LOAD_PATH=`pwd`
~/dev/src/guile-1.4 $ printenv GUILE_LOAD_PATH
/Internet/dev/src/guile-1.4
~/dev/src/guile-1.4 $ libguile/guile
guile> (+ 3 4)
7