Re: namespaces, goops, etc.

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: namespaces, goops, etc.
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 21:27:31 +0100

On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 08:13:19PM +0200, Michael Livshin wrote:
: "Lars J. Aas" <address@hidden> writes:
: > Another thing I've noticed is that generic goops methods has to be defined
: > in the toplevel namespace.  Was there a reason for this design decision,
other
: > than perhaps making the goops module easier to implement (global variables
and
: > stuff?)?  Just wondering - it's not a feature I miss or anything, although I
: > can imagine it could be useful with local generic methods in certain
: > circumstances...
:
: this design decision surely looks right to me.  except you are
: speaking specifically about `define-method', because you can add and
: remove methods anytime, by more "imperative" means.

I'm not sure I understand exactly how/what you mean.

Can I for instance create a generic function (with polymorphism) that I can
store
in an alist and retrieve later to execute with some arguments?  I actually
found out
I could really use that a few minutes ago...

  Lars J