Strange interaction of define-method with the module system

From: Matthias Koeppe
Subject: Strange interaction of define-method with the module system
Date: 24 Nov 2000 15:58:52 +0100

I am trying to define an exported method FOO in the previously defined
module MURKS using the code below. The defined method will not be
visible in GUILE-USER although it uses the MURKS module. Note that the
symbol FOO naming the method is not unbound (it seeems to get bound to
#f in the GUILE-USER module).

(I need this for making Guile work with ILISP, a generalized Emacs
interface to Lisp systems.)

(define-module (murks)
  :use-module (oop goops))

(define-module (guile-user)
  :use-module (oop goops)
  :use-module (murks))

(eval '(define-method foo ((a <integer>)) a) (resolve-module '(murks)))
(eval '(export foo) (resolve-module '(murks)))

(foo 1)   ; ==> ERROR: Wrong type to apply: #f

This is in the current version of Guile from CVS.

--
Matthias Köppe -- http://www.math.uni-magdeburg.de/~mkoeppe