Re: guile projects database conversion status

From: thi
Subject: Re: guile projects database conversion status
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:30:14 -0800

   From: "Bobby D. Bryant" <address@hidden>
   Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:53:00 -0600

   Did you see my message to guile-user requesting a new project category,
   "bindings" ?

   I wrote bindings for making GUILE calls from Ada, and none of the
   existing categories seem apropos.  (Notice that I'm talking about
   calling GUILE from other languages, vs. the existing "libraries"
   category, which is full of things you can call from GUILE.)

   I expect you'll see bindings from other languages in the future as well,
   so perhaps you would find such a category useful.

oops, thanks for the reminder; i did see that post but it slipped my
mind.... sorry about that.  yes, a new category is a good idea.
however, i think "bindings" might be too general a term.  i notice that
the Ada bindings are for the gh interface.  how do these proposed
categories strike you?

  Export/Libguile
  Export/Libguile-High
  Export/[whatever-other-subset-of-libguile]

this keeps a guile-centric view of things and allows for later
modularization.  although i like the term "Export", i'm not attached to
whatever comes after the slash; since you are breaking new ground, feel
free to suggest other ideas.

thi