Re: GUILE FAQ

From: Roger Faust
Subject: Re: GUILE FAQ
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 10:56:44 +0100

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, you wrote:
> Sorry, I couldn't quite follow the explanation for the format of this
> email.  My question is this:
>
> Why use Guile instead of TCL or Perl or some other well-known, mature, and
> well documented scripting language?

That's a question which I wanted to asked myself. When I found Guile,
I thought that could be useful, but until now, I don't know  much about
guile, basic examples didn't work by me (maybe my fault :().

> I read that Guile avoids the size etc etc of these venerable languages,
> but in browsing the pages hoping to pick up enough about Guile to convert
> me from TCL so I can be more helpful in new GNU projects all I learned is
> that the documentation isn't current enough to be useful and the
> legendary simplicity of extension hasn't been implemented yet (and that's
> from messages posted 6 months ago).

That's true everthing is quiet old, everywhere is writen one should
make a good documentation....I think it's heavy to learn something
about Guile.

Roger Faust