Re: GUILE FAQ

From: thi
Subject: Re: GUILE FAQ
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 09:28:03 -0800

   From: Martin Grabmueller <address@hidden>
   Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 11:59:40 +0100 (MET)

   http://freespace.virgin.net/david.drysdale/guile/tutorial.html

   It is really worth reading.  I was wondering whether there is more
   stuff like this out there, and if we should create a kind of link
   collection for this kind of `external' documentation, and put it onto
   the Guile documentation page, so that people trying to get used to
   Guile will find it where they search first.

i recently got mail from rms informing me of www.gnu.org policy not to
mention or link to sites that support non-free software.  this may not
apply to the above tutorial, but it does affect the projects list page;
i need to modify the gnu.org version not to point to the glug.org
superset.

from this experience, and from a desire to avoid what i see as
unrewarding administrative work, i decline responsibility as one of the
guile webpage maintainers to research links for their sites' support or
non-support of free software.  however, i am glad to support a links
page on glug.org -- http://www.glug.org/docbits/index.html -- people
should feel free to send me additions/modifications.

OTOH, if you are (strictly, provably) sure that a link's site does not
support non-free software in *any* way, that link is a good candidate to
be added to http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/doc/docs.html -- just post
the proof to address@hidden and the guile webpage maintainers will
do the rest (you can expect the link to appear on glug.org regardless of
the proof :-).

thi