Re: GUILE FAQ

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: GUILE FAQ
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:10:16 +0100

> From: thi <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 09:28:03 -0800
>
> i recently got mail from rms informing me of www.gnu.org policy not to
> mention or link to sites that support non-free software.  this may not
> apply to the above tutorial, but it does affect the projects list page;
> i need to modify the gnu.org version not to point to the glug.org
> superset.

Hmm, okay, then I think the pages at gnu.org are out.  Most sites
where people are having their private stuff are related to non-free
content somehow.

OT: When this policy is strictly enforced, what about projects under
www.gnu.org/software which have their main pages at sites like
SourceForge?  Would they have to move?

> OTOH, if you are (strictly, provably) sure that a link's site does not
> support non-free software in *any* way, that link is a good candidate to
> be added to http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/doc/docs.html -- just post
> the proof to address@hidden and the guile webpage maintainers will
> do the rest (you can expect the link to appear on glug.org regardless of
> the proof :-).

Seems to be a hard proof to me... especially when you don't know about
the future, as most of us do.

What would be the status of documentation released under a
appropriately free license, such as the GNU documentation license?
Would it be possible to put such stuff at gnu.org, so that the
link-problem is solved?

Thx,
  'Martin