Re: [GUILE] Clubie question re loading data.

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: [GUILE] Clubie question re loading data.
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 22:25:22 +0100

> From: "Bobby D. Bryant" <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 14:43:50 -0600
>
>     SCM gh_quote_file(char *fname)
>
> ...that parallels...
>
>     SCM gh_eval_file(char *fname)
>
> ...except returns the contents of the file as an unintepreted object
> rather than evaluating the contents of the file and returning
> #<unspecified>.

The high level interface does not provide this functionality (I don't
know if there is a reason, or if it was forgotten), but as a
workaround, you can use

SCM scm_read (SCM port)

Of course you would have to create an input port for passing to the
function.  This can be accomplished by calling

SCM scm_open_file (SCM filename, SCM modes)

with proper arguments, e.g:

Example ==============================================================

  SCM port, expr;

  port = scm_open_file (gh_str02scm ("config.scm"), gh_str02scm ("r"));
  expr = scm_read (port);
  scm_close_port (port);
  gh_write (expr);

HTH,