Re: Squile resurrected

From: rm
Subject: Re: Squile resurrected
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 15:45:57 +0100

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 09:21:53AM -0500, Dale P. Smith wrote:
> Dave Lambert wrote:
> > Jorgen Schaefer (<address@hidden>), the previous maintainer, no
> > longer has time to devote to Squile's care and feeding, and has kindly
> > handed the task over to me.
>
> Excellent!  I have two sets of patches for you. One is for squile2 the
> other is for squile-2.01. I'm not sure which one is more current. (I'm
> not currently using squile). I'm on a stock Debian Potato system except
> for guile, which I keep updated from cvs pretty much daily.  So the
> mysql and postgress that I'm using is whatever is in Debian 2.2.
>
> > It's my intention to make the source available at sourceforge.net.
> > Before I do that, though, I'd like to change the name (`Squile' is
> > cute, but uninformative) to `guile-sql'.  I'd like to know if
> > `guile-sql' is reserved for some other package, or if it's a bad idea
> > for other reasons.
>
> Is `guile-sql' going to be for mysql only, or other databaeses, like
> postgres?

I know for shure that my co-programmer Tomas has a working
pg-squile ;-) He contaced forcer a while ago with some suggestions
for extentions. As far as i recall there are some open questions
concerning postgreSQLs wounderfull, baroque typing system but
the existing code is running (i use it on my box).

> Thanks for taking up squile.  Take it to new places.  Go where no
> force(r) has gone before! (sorry)

Thanks, too

 Ralf Mattes