Re: nesting guidelines?

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: nesting guidelines?
Date: 14 Feb 2001 22:59:15 +0000

>>>>> "balayo" == balayo  <address@hidden> writes:

    balayo> Hey list, I'm trying (slowly) to get my head around
    balayo> scheme/guile.  I'm having a bit of difficulty with the
    balayo> most basic of things: the nesting of parenthesis.  Can
    balayo> someone give me or point me to info on scheme's order of
    balayo> evaluation?

As well as Martin's suggestions, you could also try reading the
chapter of the Guile reference manual where I try to give an
introduction to basic ideas about Scheme.

The Guile reference manual is not officially released yet, but you can
browse a snapshot of the current CVS at

http://www.glug.org/docbits/guile-doc-out/html/guile-1.4/guile_toc.html

The link for the chapter mentioned above is

http://www.glug.org/docbits/guile-doc-out/html/guile-1.4/guile_7.html#SEC16

I'd also be very interested to hear any feedback you have on this
material.

Best regards,

        Neil