Re: install directories

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: install directories
Date: 25 Feb 2001 12:33:15 +0000

>>>>> "Marius" == Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

    Marius> Does anybody want export-all?

I think what I really want is some way of marking - in the C code -
which primitives should be exported.  I'd prefer not to have to make a
second list of exported primitives on the Scheme level.

For example, from guile-xlib: `x-open-display!' is a primitive
that is intended to be exported; whereas `x-change-gc!' is a primitive
that I might not want to export, but instead use in the Scheme part of
guile-xlib to define exported procedures like `x-set-line-width!'.

So I need something like this:

(define-module (xlib xlib)
  #:dynamic-link-with-marked-exports libguilexlib init_xlib
  #:export (other exports defined on Scheme level))

; Within this module, I expect all the primitives defined in
; libguilexlib to be visible, whether marked for export or not.

(define (x-set-line-width! ...)
  (x-change-gc! ...))

Regards,
        Neil