Re: emebedding guile line command interpretor

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: emebedding guile line command interpretor
Date: 28 Feb 2001 13:30:08 -0600

Brett Viren <address@hidden> writes:

> Besides the other suggestions you got, which sound like good
> directions to follow, one easy way would be to use a text entry
> widget (ie, Gtk::Entry) for short scheme and allow the user to spawn
> an editor for more complicated code.  It doesn't really match all
> your requirements and isn't completely interactive, but it is easy
> to impliment.

This is nice, but for some things I'm thinking about, I'd want
readline.  After the gnome zvt suggestion, I'm wondering how hard it
might be to wire that up to gnucash so that it pops up when you press
a button.  I need to think more about when it would be safe to call
gh_eval_str on the forms from the guile terminal sub-process, and
about whether or not readline would actually work there.