Re: the module system ?

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Re: the module system ?
Date: 06 Mar 2001 20:31:08 +0100

David Pirotte <address@hidden> writes:

> as you see, it works perfectly fine, so why does it not work from a
> guile listener?

Scripts run in a different module (guile) from the module for
interactive use (guile-user).  The reason is that the environment for
interactive use is augmented with bindings for debugging, procedure
documentation etc.  We don't want to load all of that for scripts,
because we want startup time to be as small as possible.

But this *should* not make any difference in your case.

It just looks terribly weird.  I can't think of any reason for the
difference.  It's probably not a Guile bug, though.

Is it possible for you to cook it down to some minimal piece of code
and put that as a tar-archive somewhere so that a Guile developer can
get it and debug it?

Best regards,
/mdj