Re: Dumping guile's state and registering variables.

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: Dumping guile's state and registering variables.
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 08:19:09 +0100

> From: Brett Viren <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 10:42:45 -0500 (EST)
>
> I have 2 things I want to do with guile but am unsure how.  I am using
> guile in a C++ ``master world'' program and guile is used to allow
> functions of the data (stored as guile variables) to be written and
> applied at run time.  So what I want to do is:
>
> 1) Keep track of any user defined functions so I can dump them out as
> scheme code to allow them to be reloaded at a later execution.

Are you translating from another language to Scheme?  What is the
actual problem with dumping out the Scheme code and reloading it? (Or
is ther a problem at all?)

> 2) The data comes to me in the C++ world as a large integer array and
> some of it must be preprocessed before being assigned to guile
> variables.  I would like to do this preprocessing in scheme by writing
> some kind of table or registry with entries of guile variable name,
> index in array, description of variable, pre processing function and
> maybe others.

I'm not sure I understand your question here.  Do you look for a way
to store the relation between variable names and its properties
(index, description, etc.)?  Have you thought about using a hash table
or an association list?

Feel free to ask more specific questions if I have misunderstood
anything.

Regards,
  'martin