Re: Goops, set! and define-syntax throuble

From: Keith Wright
Subject: Re: Goops, set! and define-syntax throuble
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 18:01:22 -0500

> From: Mikael Djurfeldt <address@hidden>
> I've added the following comment at the top of the file:
>
> ;;; Modified by Mikael Djurfeldt <address@hidden> according
> ;;; to the ChangeLog distributed in the same directory as this file:
> ;;; 1997-08-19, 1997-09-03, 1997-09-10, 2000-08-13, 2000-08-24,
> ;;; 2000-09-12, 2001-03-08
>
> (A little weird though: This requirement would make practical work
> very difficult if we would follow it throughout.  Which is the
> essential difference between me modifying psyntax.ss (which, BTW,
> wasn't originally covered by the GPL) and any guile developer doing
> the daily change of some piece of Guile code?)

> In any case, it's good to put a notice at the top of the file so
> people aren't led to believe that it is Dybvig's source verbatim.

I think you answer your own question.  Most of Guile is pretty
much uncommented, or commented anonymously.  This may not
be good, but at least nobody is mislead.

I am surprised by the number of dates.  I didn't realize it
had been changed that much.  I didn't notice the separate
changelog under the subdirectory until you pointed it out.
Probably it suffices to end the list of dates with ", etc."
and keep the Changelog complete.

--
     -- Keith Wright  <address@hidden>

Programmer in Chief, Free Computer Shop <http://www.free-comp-shop.com>