Linking Guile with Borland C++Buider

From: John Fitzgerald
Subject: Linking Guile with Borland C++Buider
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:53:58 +1300

Hi all,

I am trying (desperately) to embed Guile as an extension language into a
suite of programs on
the MS-Windows NT platform.

    * I have compiled Guile using gcc under Cygnus and it works fine when
running as a
      standalone interpreter.
    * I have embedded Guile into a C++ program compiled entirely with gcc
and that works fine.

But when I try to embed it into the same C++ program compiled with Borland's
C++Builder 4.0
I am given the message:

    [Linker Error] 'C:\CYGWIN-2.25.NEW\USR\LOCAL\LIB\LIBGUILE.A' contains
invalid
                   OMF record, type 0x21 (possibly COFF).

The problem is obviously arising because of a mismatch of object module
formats.  Although this
isn't really a Guile problem, has anyone already solved it?

(Note:  I have no choice over the environment I'm using; if I did, I
wouldn't have to ask.)

TIA
John Fitzgerald