Re: Accessing C/C++ structs in Guile.

From: Matthias Koeppe
Subject: Re: Accessing C/C++ structs in Guile.
Date: 15 Mar 2001 10:30:06 +0100

Martin Grabmueller <address@hidden> writes:

> > From: Brett Viren <address@hidden>
> > 2) Is there some automated way that will take the header file holding
> > the C/C++ structure definition and generate necessary Guile code?
>
> Have you looked at the interface generator SWIG yet?  I haven't used
> it either and don't have an URL handy, but maybe it will help you.

http://www.swig.org

SWIG will parse header files and generate wrapper code for accessing
C/C++ struct members and calling C/C++ functions.

Be sure to get version 1.3a5, which supports Guile very well.  (Don't
try 1.1p5, its Guile support is severely broken.) For use with C++,
you will also need a patch against 1.3a5 that is available at SWIG's
SourceForge pages.

--
Matthias Köppe -- http://www.math.uni-magdeburg.de/~mkoeppe