Re: Newbie seeks guiding hands.

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Newbie seeks guiding hands.
Date: 23 Mar 2001 09:41:22 -0600

Gary Benson <address@hidden> writes:

> One thing I didn't understand was gnucash's use of namespaces. There
> seem to be at least two in use: gnc and gnucash. Do these
> differentiate low- and high-level code or something?

Nope.  The gnucash code base is a little messy these days.  This is
what you get when one packages lives for a long time, morphing from
one project (xacc) into another (gncuash).  There are quite a few
inconsistencies in the naming of parts in the code.  From the old xacc
C code, most prominent in the engine, we have xaccFooBar.  Newer C
code uses gnc_foo_bar, and on the scheme side, we most often use
gnc:foo-bar, though once we migrate to using modules, much of that
should go away...

Hope this helps.