Re: Error handling in CGIs

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: Error handling in CGIs
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 17:15:33 +0200

> From: Sascha Ziemann <address@hidden>
> Date: 05 Apr 2001 17:48:37 +0200
>
> is there any way to define some error handler, to be able to produce
> some useful HTML error pages in CGI programs?  I would like to catch
> even syntax errors in the CGI itself.

Could you give more details about your environment?  Do you use any
CGI helper modules?

Do you know about the `catch' procedure, and have you tried it out?  I
am not sure, but I think syntax errors can be caught by using a
wrapper script which `load's the CGI script and protects the `load'
with a `catch'.

> bis später...
> Sascha

Besser spaet als nie...