Re: Several questions

From: Ondrej 'SanTiago' Zajicek
Subject: Re: Several questions
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 23:28:30 +0200

Neil Jerram wrote:

> Given a non-recursive mutex (as this behaviour is called), you can
> easily implement a recursive mutex (which is what you want).  Do you
> need further help in how to do this?

No, thanks.

>     Ondrej> - Is there any possibility to get thread object (object,
>     Ondrej> returned by call-with-new-thread) of actual thread?
>
> I'm not sure.  It looks like there isn't a way in the current code,
> but I don't see why there shouldn't be, so perhaps this is a bug.  Why
> can't you use the object returned by call-with-new-thread, though?

Because when thread A calls call-with-new-thread for creating thread B,
returned object O
(representing thread B) gets thread A (but B wants O (self-thread-obect) ).

Luckily I found that I can use function dynamic-root instead of that.

Ondrej 'SanTiago' Zajicek    (address@hidden)
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."