Re: Guile Logo -- more stuff

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: Guile Logo -- more stuff
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 00:53:02 +0200

> From: "Dale P. Smith" <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 17:46:48 -0400
>
> Dirk Herrmann wrote:
> > IMO, a good logo is simple, but still expressive.  That's perfectly met
>
> I think it ought to be made into an animated gif (or whatever) with
> "oscillating eyebrows". ;^)

After thinking about your suggestion in private email (thanks Dale), I
have played more with Gimp and made an animation where the GNU blinks
with both eyes.  Looks cool.

But we have two problems here:

* the first (solvable): my local Gimp does not want to save the
  multi-layered XCF as an animated GIF.  Maybe it's just a GIF library
  missing, but I'm not sure.

* GIFs are considered evil because of patent problems, so they are not
  allowed on GNU pages.  I don't know if there is another commonly
  supported format for animations.

Regards,
  'martin