Re: Guile Logo -- more stuff

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: Guile Logo -- more stuff
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 02:11:27 +0200 (MEST)

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Dirk Herrmann wrote:

> IMO, a good logo is simple, but still expressive.  That's perfectly met
> with the current collection.  Actually, it _might_ be worth trying to add
> a beard to the gnu, just for the sake of correctness.  But, apart from
> that I think there's not much room for improvements (and I am not even
> sure if a beard would really look good - you could even argue that the
> way the gnu holds its head, you might just not be able to see a beard
> anyway :-).

Well, congratulations again:  The goatee looks quite nice.  However, I
think it is a pity that you have dropped the parentheses in your current
suggestions.  Those are IMO essential, since we are doing scheme, aren't
we?  I still love the SCWM logo:  A mouse pointer in parentheses.

Looking at the SCWM logo (at http://scwm.mit.edu/scwm-logo.jpg), btw,
suggests another possible combination of the basic elements "<GNU>",
"<parentheses>" and "guile":

  "(GNU) guile", i. e. only the gnu is within the parens.  Could be worth
  trying also...

Best regards,
Dirk Herrmann