Re: Is my procedure getting GCed?

From: Jed Davis
Subject: Re: Is my procedure getting GCed?
Date: 02 May 2001 02:43:19 -0400

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

> By using C++ inheritance and virtual functions, you might be able to
> hide some of the hair.

A while ago I wrote a template class to "wrap" any C++ type as a smob;
new and delete become the appropriate GC-aware functions, a
GC-inspired deallocation called the destructor (I think), etc.  It
actually wasn't that hard, between the smob documentation and a copy
of Stroustrup.  I may or may not have the source floating around somewhere.

--Jed, who never got the print function to demangle the names it got
  out of RTTI, though, let along decanonify them.

--
"But life wasn't yes-no, on-off.  Life was shades of gray, and rainbows
not in the order of the spectrum."   -- L. E. Modesitt, Jr., _Adiamante_