How to "redirect" error/output mesages

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: How to "redirect" error/output mesages
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 13:11:46 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

I'd like to know how to redirect error (and exception) messages
from guile (called from C code, without interactive shell) to
a custom view - i.e. is there some "standard" way to register
sort of a callback that gets called from guile if output is done?

I need something similar for standard output stuff (i.e. for the
default output port) - documentation is rather sparse (1.3.4), so
can anyone provide me with a (short) code example [saw ports.h but
thats not really helpful without documentation]?

Thanx!

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <address@hidden>