Re: leaf environments vs eval environments?

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: leaf environments vs eval environments?
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 17:12:37 +0200

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 05:54:04PM +0300, Michael Livshin wrote:
: Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:
:
: >     Lars> If this doesn't work, what is the recommended method for
: >     Lars> doing what I'm trying to do?  A static/global this-binding
: >     Lars> isn't an option - it must be local to the evaluation.
: >
: > ... but I'm afraid I don't know how you should do this.  Hopefully
: > someone else will have the answer later.
:
: the thing to do is to stop fiddling with experimental and potentially
: expensive features (like environments),

Gotha :)

: and instead to make "this" a fluid.

Didn't know anything about fluids before now.  It sure seems like the way
to go...

  Lars J