Re: Debugging with PSD

From: Alex Shinn
Subject: Re: Debugging with PSD
Date: 27 Jun 2001 10:45:13 -0400

Hi, thanks for the patches!

    Thomas> But since the `frame' parameter is no longer used, this is
    Thomas> certainly not the right thing. I've informed Pertti
    Thomas> Kellom\"aki about it, but I think it means using PSD with
    Thomas> guile is likely calling for trouble :-(

But more trouble than writing a new debugger from scratch?  We'll need
a step-debugger sooner or later, and PSD seems a reasonable start.
People expect serious languages (especially ones as high level as
Scheme) to have a good debugging interface, and at the moment the
Guile docs are woefully misleading in that they have an empty section
on step-debugging (implying that it is implemented but not yet
documented).  This should be removed.

BTW, ignore my comments on the Elisp problems, that was just me
misreading the instructions late at night :)

--
Alex Shinn <address@hidden>
Lisper, Smalltalker, and all around poor speaker