Re: guile+motif

From: Bill Gribble
Subject: Re: guile+motif
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:15:59 -0500

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 04:04:46AM -0700, Bill Schottstaedt wrote:
> I can't resist posting this, though it's not really ready yet.
> Here's a (working!) guile script using the X/Xt/Xpm/Xm module I mentioned
> earlier (using "|" as the prefix arg, but that's just a macro):

I find the libglade interface available through guile-gtk to be much
more friendly and usable. I've done plenty of Motif in my time and I
would just prefer it to quietly fade into the Graveyard of
Inconvenient and Obfuscated APIs.

glade/gtk/Gnome aren't perfect, to be sure, but Motif is just
miserable.  IMO.

Bill Gribble