Re: dynamic-link problem

From: Bill Gribble
Subject: Re: dynamic-link problem
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 11:07:13 -0500

On Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 11:17:38AM -0400, Alex Shinn wrote:
> I've noticed this before, dynamic-link doesn't seem to pull in library
> dependencies correctly (I'm using 1.5 but the symptoms are the same).
> So as a workaround, in guile-sdl I first dynamic link the SDL and
> pthreads libraries, without actually using them for anything, then I
> link the guile-sdl library.

Well, that sounded promising, so I went back and recursively 'ldd'-ed
all the libraries that my target is linking against, and then
explicitly dynamic-linked each one of them before my target. All of
the dependencies dynamic-linked fine.

Still no luck with linking the actual library I'm trying to link.  Any
other suggestions?  Could this possibly have to do with the fact that
I'm using libtool libraries from my build tree rather than an install
tree?  the library I'm failing to dynamic-link is such a library.

Thanks,
b.g.