Where to get goops

From: tomas
Subject: Where to get goops
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 10:30:11 +0200

Hi, co-guilers

I'm trying to get (again) my toe into guile waters. Therefore
I downloaded guile 1.4 and have got Evan's (net http). This
requires (oop goops). There is no obvious place to get that
from (google led me to Mikael's page <http://www.nada.kth.se/~mdj/goops/>.

Well, it doesn't compile.

I'll try to sneak my way around this. I'm mainly posting this
because it might make life of newbies easier. My complaints
would be:

  - no obvious way to get GOOPS (the Gnu projects page where you
    are supposed to get Guile has no link).

  - there seems to be a phase shift between the GOOPSes out
    there and the official stable Guile version

Regards
-- tomas