Re: guile-1.5.1 and deprecated ...

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: guile-1.5.1 and deprecated ...
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:22:55 +0200

thanks Thomas,

> I suspect, that at least parts of the (alto ...) modules are written in C
> and put into a shared library somewhere. These use the abovementioned
> routines.
>
> Try to locate the C code for the library and replace the routines. For the

I do not develop in C, but i use 2 modules that do:

        (database postgres)
        (struct gtrees)

i'll send a message to the developers of these 2 great modules

> ISTR there was a problem when exporting a method from a GOOPS module, and
> then later exporting a method with the same name, the latter should
> effectively overwrite the first definition IIRC. Don't you have problems when
> importing modules in arbitrary order ?!

well, i am <porting> my coded to guile 1.5.1, and just descovered these little
problems

i am just very surprised that we have to export re-export, because I write
independent modules, that may be later used seperately and/or in conjunction
with one another.

i was assuming that the "compute-applicable-method" was using the exported
generic-function, and would call the appropriate method depending on the object
it
was called on,

so it shouldn't matter whether `accessor' and/or `method' was exported once or
several times from 1 or several modules, as long as it was exported from the
module containing the class def, access ... of the object upon which the method
is called

so far, guile-1.5.1 is unabble to run my application, it crashes on the gui
part,
not telling me much about it, so i have not yet been to the point where i can
check
how it behaves once it comes to executing the code i wrote