Re: guile-1.5.1 and deprecated ...

From: Bill Schottstaedt
Subject: Re: guile-1.5.1 and deprecated ...
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 04:39:21 -0700

> We could have a global flag
> that makes `define' issue warnings for redefinitions.

I think this would be useful.  I added a similar warning to the wrapper
I use for scm_c_define_gsubr and was surprised by several
such redefinitions, including two from Guile (yes, I know
I should be using modules).  The full-blown Snd+Xm now defines
something like 2000 functions (and a similar number of
variables) so it's easy to miss a collision.