Guile 1.5.2 beta ready for testing.

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Guile 1.5.2 beta ready for testing.
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 12:04:11 -0500

We are pleased to annouce the availability of Guile 1.5.2 for testing.

The 1.5.X series is a BETA series, intended only for testing, so
please don't put it into a distribution or anything similar.  Once
we've hammered out any serious bugs, we'll make the stable release of
1.6.0.  If there are no serious problems with 1.5.2, then we should be
close to the stable release.

(For those on the Gnucash list, note that Gnucash and g-wrap are not
 yet compatible with guile 1.5.X, so don't bother testing that...)

You can find the file here:

  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/guile/guile-1.5.2.tar.gz

If you're interested in testing, please try as much of the following
as is convenient:

    + Make sure to unset GUILE_LOAD_PATH.

    + Remove automake and autoconf from your path, or turn off their
      execute bits, or something.  (Users must be able to build the
      distribution without installing these tools.)

    + Configure, make, and install.

    + Try "make check".

    + Make sure LD_LIBRARY_PATH doesn't include anything unnecessary.

    + Run the test suite on the installed version like this:
        ./check-guile -i [INSTALL_PATH]/bin/guile

(If you were mailed individually, it's because you're listed in the
 RELEASE file as a testing volunteer, and if you'd like to be removed
 from that list, please let us know.)

Thanks

  (My condolences to those in the U.S. who are suffering today.)

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu