Re: advice needed: ping and guile

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: advice needed: ping and guile
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 04:40:43 -0400

   From: David Pirotte <address@hidden>
   Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 03:10:37 +0200

           - if I have to proceed with my code, is my ping command ok?
           - can I rely on the integer returned:

                   (if (= (gping <host>) 0) #t #f)

you can use the comparison result as the script return value directly:

(exit (= 0 (system (string-apppend "ping -c 1 -w 1 "
                                   (cadr (command-line))
                                   "> /dev/null 2>&1"))))

for lots of (stylized subprocess interaction) examples, see:
http://www.glug.org/docbits/www.glug.org-maint/cron-job-map.html

thi