Re: guile 1.4 module system

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: guile 1.4 module system
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 12:35:57 +0200

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> check out the "modules" chapter in the guile reference manual,
> specifically section "the guile module system".  there are instructions
> there on how to use `define-module' and `use-modules', the two principal
> special forms you need to grok.  if the documentation is unclear in some
> way, that's a bug -- please report the problem to address@hidden

This is exactly where I looked -- but as I said elsewhere in the
message, I was looking at the manual that I downloaded from I don't
know where (there is not Guile manual in my Linux distribution).  The
info file doesn't seem to have any version.  It says "Guile Reference
Manual Copyright (C) 1996 Free Software Foundation // Copyright (C)
1997 Free Software Foundation", however.

In this (old) copy of the manual, I didn't find the answers to my
questions.  Where can I get the latest copy of the tarball?  I checked
out Guile from CVS and the guile-doc subdirectory seems empty.  Am I
missing something?  (Actually now that I try to remember I think
somebody on this list mailed it to me...)

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> keep an eye out for the `:renamer' clause in the documentation.  another
> approach is to use generic functions.

Since the node "The Guile module system" doesn't contain the word
"renamer" I assume that you have another manual.  Where can I get it?
:)

Alex.
--
http://www.geocities.com/kensanata/
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and sweet as love.